Saturday, August 10, 2013

B-B-B-bap!

So it was July 19th, around 4am, I just fed Avi and I'm changing her diaper and she starts to say, "bap-bap-bap".  Er?  Out of nowhere, she says her first "word" i.e. consonant sound that has no meaning.  I remember the date and time because the date is her daddy's bday and the time is the usual time she's been waking up.  We started sleep training her at 5 1/2 months.  We did everything by the book.  We let her cry it out and never went in until the 9 hour mark (7pm-4am=9hours).  Unfortunately, it's apparent that Avi did not read this book because it took her 3 months to finally consistently not wake up sooner than 9 hours.  Now that she finally figured it out (or so we think she has), she's old enough to sleep 12 hours without a feeding so we're thinking of sleep training this weekend!  Yikes, for the first time in almost 9 months, I won't be waking up at night to feed her!  I know I should be relieved but I feel torn!!  My baby's growing up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment